Saturday, September 29, 2012

dear alby

By SH and SC


So long, fair Alby. Godspeed.
I will cherish our moments of honesty and truth.
May your road be safe from thorns.
May the wind be always under your sail.

Your heart belongs to someone else.
Indeed, your heart does not belong to me.
She is your true north and not I.
May you find favor in the eyes of your true love, Alby.
May the stars witness your union and be glad.

You bewitched me but for a moment
I now let you go.

I surrender any claim on you
"Why do the white doves call?”
They call for their long lost lover.

Dear Alby, the moments will not be forgotten,
they will be cherished.
On that mist-filled night, when we prayed,
I sensed a connection
And the heavens affirm with sounds of trumpets.
And the angels laugh
With glee and benevolence
A cherub sat on your shoulder and gave his best
but alas, that connection was not meant to be.

Oh how cruel a life when he, almost a lover, finds you a friend.
How cruel indeed. Cherubs know not such wicked sadness.

Your heart will be averted to another dear one.
But not without breaking a little and without a few tears wetting your pillow.
Hope will rise up in the morning
Like wings of eagles
But, at night, tears
Oh, that I could forsake the memory of you.
That I could carve out the place you have made in my heart.

Adieu, Alby
goodnight you lovely one, goodnight you fair one.
Adieu Alby
Adieu...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts with me.